Saturday 7 April 2012

Pastel Party

It was my birthday in February, and I had a few people over which provided me with the perfect excuse to pretty up my nails. Here's my birthday design:


I used OPI's 'Do You Lilac It?' (purple) and 'Got A Date To-Knight!' (pink). To recreate this look you'll also need dotting tools and 2 nail art stickers in the shape of a bow (available from ebay). If you don't have dotting tools you can always use a toothpick or the end of a bobby pin. If you're interested in getting some dotting tools (they're super handy!) you can buy them from this ebay seller for about $2. The pack includes 5 double ended tools of different sizes.


If you want to copy this design, follow these simple steps:
1. Apply base coat.
2. Paint your pinky, middle finger, and thumb a light pink shade.
3. Paint your pointer and ring fingers a light purple shade.
4. Place one bow nail art sticker on each of your ring fingers.
5. On your pinky, middle finger, and thumb use your dotting tool to dot on some purple spots.
6. On your pointer finger use your dotting tool to dot on some pink spots.
7. Apply clear top coat (wait for the design to dry a little first so it doesn't streak).

And that's it! When I use my dotting tools I find it's easier to put a bit of nail polish on a piece of paper and dip in to that rather than dipping in to the bottle. If the polish starts to go gunky or stringy simply wipe excess polish from the dotting tool using a tissue and/or put a fresh blob of polish on the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)