Sunday 29 April 2012

Revive And Survive...

I've been very time poor lately. Yesterday (being Saturday) I had a uni exam in the morning and a wedding in the afternoon/evening. So of course I spent all of Friday night cramming and didn't have time to do a whole new design on my nails for the wedding like I'd had planned. Hell, I didn't even have time to paint my nails a new colour!

So, I had very little free time and my tips were looking a little sad. Maybe it was a good thing that the last time I painted my nails I only had time to do a single colour, because it meant I could quickly fix up my worn tips by using a french tip effect using a second contrasting colour. My nails went from this:


To this:



Sorry for the slightly blurry/poorly lit first photo, you might need to click on the photo to actually see my tip damage, it was fairly minimal but enough to annoy me. The colour I originally had on my nails was China Glaze's 'Fuchsia', and the colour I put on my tips is OPI's 'Glitzerland'. So, if you're short on time it is possible to hide minimal tip wear/chipping, this only took me about 10 to 15 minutes (and it only took that long because I'm a perfectionist). I must warn you though, this is only a temporary fix, don't expect it to last more than a day or two. The thicker coat on the tips of your nails is more susceptible to chipping than your original coat would have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)