Thursday 21 June 2012

Snow Queen

I'm back! My exams are over, so you can expect new posts on a regular basis :) But before I launch into my next design I just want to warn you that over the next week or so my blog might be a bit messy as I work on a layout etc that I'm happy with (you might have noticed I have a new header, let me know what you think). So if you notice that there are parts of my blog missing or links that don't work, please bear with me for a bit, I promise I'll make it better :)

So on to my next design. I'm really starting to feel the cold at night here in Brisbane, so I'm doing another Winter-inspired design. I never thought I'd paint my nails entirely white, but here you have it:


This is Revlon's ' Powder Puff'. It's a matte suede just like 'Emerald City' (in my last post). The difference being that 'Emerald City' only required 2 coats for opacity and 'Powder Puff' required 3. I found that once I put the 3rd coat on it didn't look quite so matte,and the extra coat meant it didn't dry fast like 'Emerald City' did, hence the sheet marks >.< So lesson learnt, with these Revlon matte suedes only do 2 coats! Just like 'Emerald City' however, if you did want to do a shiny fast-dry top coat it would bring out the bit of shimmer in the polish.

No tutorial for this one sorry guys, but it's pretty straight forward. Apply your white polish to every nail, and when doing your final coat, do your nails one at a time and stick the glitter in while the polish is still wet. I used a dotting tool dipped into clear nail polish to pick up the glitter, or you could use your rhinestone picker if you have one (check my tools page if you want to know more about dotting tools or rhinestone pickers).

This one didn't end up looking quite like I had imagined in my head, so there's a good chance it won't be long before I have a new design up. I just ordered my first Konad plate as a reward for making it through this semester of university, so I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival. Check back soon!

P.S. We broke the 1000 visitor milestone! Thank you! If you like my blog please subscribe ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)