Thursday 5 July 2012

Ribbons and Kittens

New design! It's Hello Kitty time!


I found these Hello Kitty fimo slices on Ebay. With this design, you could replace Kitty with just about any fimo shape and change your polish colours accordingly. In this design I've used OPI's 'Got A Date To-Knight!' as the base colour and used Revlon's 'Rio Mango' for the red ribbon stripes (painted on with nail art brushes). Rio Mango was one of my Mum's old polishes, and I have absolutely no idea how old it is, but it still works as though it was brand new. I would have to say it's probably at least 10 years old, but I can't find any information on it anywhere. I finished the design with Essie's 'Matte About You' top coat and then glued Kitty on as I found if I stuck her in my top coat she curled a bit strangely. Is that normal for fimo?

By the way, I definitely recommend Essie's 'Matte About You' if you're looking for a matte top coat. I've tried a couple of the cheaper matte versions including BYS, but they just can't compete with Essie. Yes it's more expensive, but definitely worth it. You can buy Essie at Myer (in Australia). Beware though, it does take a little while to dry properly. It doesn't take forever, but I'm used to using fast drying top coats (I don't think there's a matte version of a fast dry?) so I got a bit impatient waiting for it to dry properly and smooshed one of my nails. Lesson learnt.

P.S. My nails match my phone case. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)