Thursday 13 December 2012

Aussie Christmas Nail Challenge: BBQ

Today's theme for the Aussie Christmas Nail Challenge is BBQ. I had no idea what to do with this one, so I started thinking of the different foods eaten at a BBQ and settled on Pavlova.

Lamp light

I wish that I had made this so that I could eat it, but sadly this photo came from this source.

For anyone who isn't familiar with what a pavlova is, it's a dessert that originated in Australia or New Zealand (there's a heated debate over this apparently). But who cares where it came from, it tastes delightful! A pavlova is a meringue based cake with fruit and cream topping. On my nails I've used Essie's 'Blanc' as a base and used strawberry, kiwi fruit, passion fruit, grape, and orange fimo slices. I don't think oranges and grapes are too common as a topping, but I've had pavlovas with both. Strawberries, kiwi fruit, passion fruit, and blueberries seem to be the most common toppings.

So that was my bit of silly fun for the week. I'm suddenly starving so I'm off to raid the fridge...



10 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I can't wait to do something like that when summer comes around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I actually had no idea what I would use fruit fimo for before this challenge came up haha.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that looks so yummy. Now I wanna try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy pavlova, I totally want to eat one now! Very cute interpretation of the BBQ theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks freakin' delicious (both the pav & your nails!).

    Now I need some pavlova in my life, I'm thinkin' this weekend :p Cute mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look gorgeous!! and I think they'd look even yummier if you'd decided to top the pav with my favourite - peppermint crisp!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard of a pavlova with peppermint on it til now!

      Delete
  6. YUM! That looks amazing!! :) Very cool mani :) Oh and Loz I am going to try pav with peppermint crisp this year now, cos I reckon that would be awesome! :) xox

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)