Wednesday 16 January 2013

Into The Land Of The Unicorns

You'll notice that today there is not a single indie polish or slither of glitter in sight. Pretty unusual of late huh? But I'm really excited about this mani! One of the polishes I've used is Models Own 'Indian Ocean', and I actually received this polish through a random act of kindness (well I thought it was random when it showed up on my doorstep anyway). The lovely Natalia from Cats-n-Nails knew that I was lemming this polish, and even though my birthday isn't until next month she sent me an early birthday present. How sweet is she? Go check out her blog if you haven't already :)

*Photo spam ahead*

Partial sunlight

Full sunlight

Shade

Full sunlight

Full sunlight

This is one coat of 'Indian Ocean' layered over China Glaze's 'Secret Peri-wink-le'. I've then stamped over the top using Nailz Craze plate NC02 (available here) and Essie's 'No Place Like Chrome'. A tip for those of you who like stamping, the polishes from both Essie's 'Mirror Metallics' collection and China Glaze's 'Romantique' collection make great stamping polishes.

I absolutely love 'Indian Ocean', and I have to thank Natalia once again for gifting it! 'Indian Ocean' has a light blue base with a pink duochrome shimmer. It has a really magical effect. This one requires 4 coats for opacity, so I recommend using it as a layering polish, which I suspect is what it was designed for anyway.

So what do you guys think? Are you a fan of duochromes? Personally I love them, but I only own about 3. I'm starting to see an obvious gap in my collection which needs filling ASAP!

5 comments:

  1. I love this!! Great idea to layer over the periwinkle, and the stamp is so whimsical)) So glad to see you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I'm sure it will make several appearances in blogs to come :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I put up a tonne of photos but sadly none of them can quite capture how magical it looks in real life :(

      Delete
  3. Love this!! I don't think I've even seen a duochrome quite like this before.

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)