Tuesday 2 April 2013

Paint It Blue!

The month of April is Autism Awareness Month, and today, April 2nd, is World Autism Day. My little brother was recently diagnosed with Asperger's (which is a disorder on the Autism spectrum), so this is a matter that's close to my heart. I also know several other lovely ladies in the nail polish community that have children and siblings with Autism. So here's the deal, we're painting it blue for the whole month!


For the month of April I will be painting my nails blue (other than for the Disney Princess Nail Art Challenges) to help raise awareness. There is also a silent auction being organised online by the lovely Tara from Loki's Lacquer where indie polish makers (including myself) will be providing one-of-a-kind blue polishes to raise money for ASPECT. I'll let you know once that's up and running, but in the meantime you can find out more info here.

So, since this is a nail polish blog you're probably wondering what's on my nails. Here's my World Autism Day mani:

Partial sunlight

Partial sunlight

I managed to knock out a few of my untried polishes with this mani. I've used 3 coats of OPI 'Absolutely Alice' on all my nails except my ring finger, where I've attempted the puzzle piece from the Light It Up Blue logo using Revlon 'Blue Lagoon', OPI 'Can't Find My Czechbook' and OPI 'Absolutely Alice'.

We hope you'll join us to help raise awareness for Autism. We have a facebook group running that you can join, as well as the Instagram tag #bluenailsforautism.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing and for joining this important cause! I really love 'Absolutely Alice', it looks so sparkly and vibrant. I have Asperger's myself so I'm wearing blue nails too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks! And thanks for joining in too!

      Delete
  2. Wow this is amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)